I hold a BA in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy from The Institute of Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy (IICP).
I am also a fully accredited member of the Irish Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (IACP).
Counselling and psychotherapy are similar in that they both involve the development of a safe, authentic, professional relationship which facilitates healing and growth. Counselling usually refers to a brief treatment that centers around behavior patterns and solving problems. Whereas psychotherapy has a longer duration; and draws from a deeper insight into emotional problems and difficulties.
Relationship Therapy helps loved ones to build and restore communication and connection. It assists partners in better understanding each other, developing new skills and navigating relationship difficulties.
The core theoretical frameworks I use are:
- Person centered counselling, which assists in providing an understanding, authentic, relationship which helps build a connection where the client feels, heard, understood and accepted without judgement.
- Reality therapy and Choice theory embrace the power of making more conscious choices while also increasing self-awareness around needs and healthy ways to meet them.
- Logo-therapy encourages the client to examine desires and the motivations behind them, ensuring we are always moving towards success in alignment with the clients highest good.
Since Beginning my client work in 2014 I have gained knowledge and experience in working with:
- Couples counselling
- Women's Issues
- Self-esteem & Confidence
- Autonomy, Co-Dependence & Self-empowerment
- Trauma & PTSD
- Self-harm & Suicidal Ideation
- Stress Management, Mindfulness & Meditation
- Death, Dying, Grief & Loss
Each session is fifty minutes and costs €65 for individuals and €80 for couples.
Payments accepted through Revolut, or bank transfer.